Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh Gini

I met Gini Linnabery Swancy through a mutual friend, the one and only, drum roll please....Tinesha Matthews.  Tinesha also claims to be my pimp because I get so many referrals from her.  Well pimp on big pimpin', I ain't mad atcha. 

I arrived at Gini's house around noon and when I got there we were both trying to figure out where to do her shoot at.  She wanted some pictures for her website that she will be starting shortly and she needed some basic headshots and such for her webpage.  I had purchased a green screen a couple days before and was going to use that but it was much too large for the space.  All we really needed was a white background and she told me that she had a big white box that she used to photograph her clothes in when she owned her own boutique in St. Louis.  So she pulled out this collapsible box from the garage and we opened it up right in the drive way.  I have never seen such a thing so big, it is called a Cubelite and it is a translucent box that is 6ft by 6ft and the subject stands inside.  It gives great even light even in midday sun.  I also used my 30" x 60" softbox from Paul C. Buff attached to one AlienBees B800 to add some fill light to the front of her.  During one of her wardrobe changes the box did blow over so I do suggest if you are interested in one of these and the wind is blowing, find something to weigh the bottom down. 

Whenever I photograph someone new, I always seem to walk away like a just made a new friend, and today was no exception.  Thank you Gini for making my job so easy and even though you were a little uncomfortable in front of the camera, you did a great job.

Here is just one pic that I have edited so far.


                                                               click to enlarge

Hope y'all are enjoying the posts, day 9/365 on my "Life is a "trip"...." project.

No comments:

Post a Comment