Thursday, October 6, 2011

Juicing for health

I'm not sure if a lot of you are familiar with juicing and I'm not talking about the Barry Bonds type of juicing.  Basically it is taking raw vegetables, and some fruit and using a juicer to extract the juice from the fruits and vegetables.  This is a good way to get all of the super-nutrients that vegetables and fruit have.  These super-nutrients fight disease, cancer, heart disease, is good for your skin, your colon, and mental health.  You can't lose.  It is better to eat vegetables raw or juice them because then you aren't losing any of the nutrients like when you cook them.  I usually will drink a glass first thing in the morning when I wake up and one before I go to bed. 

I have been doing this for two months now and I have to see that I feel a lot more healthy.  I used to get headaches a lot and now it is a rarity when I do.  I have a lot more energy during the day and my colon is definitely cleansed.  I was eating a lot of processed food and there is really no nutrients and substance in that kind of food.  I have changed my diet and am cooking almost all of my food now and eating a lot more raw vegetables and fruit.  It takes a little more time but the way I look at it is, a little less time in the doctors office later. 

I first came across juicing when I watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead."    It really opened my eyes to what I was putting in my body and what effect it was having on my body.  I suggest everyone to watch it and see how it has changed these people's lives.  On the website they have some good recipes and I usually use the "Mean Green" one but there are a ton out there.  A decent juicer will run you about $100 at Walmart and better ones for about $190 here on Amazon.  It is a great way to lose weight and stay healthy at the same time.  A small investment for a healthy mind, body, and spirit. 

Day 11/365....feeling good



1 comment: