Thursday, November 3, 2011

I love the winning, I can take the losing, but most of all I Love to play.

Well the first season is over for my friend, head coach at CHMS, Oneill Palmer.  I'm sure he has walked away with a ton of respect now for what it takes to be a football coach.  I'm sure he has learned a hundred lessons along the way also.

This game was tough to watch, I felt it from the beginning that there was a storm-a-brewin', and I'm not talking about the dark clouds that came rolling through.  The game started off well, with an onside kick recovery and a touchdown to follow, but that was about it for the highlights.  It seemed as though the defense could not stop the run at all, and the other team was just running right over them.  A bunch of mishandled snaps, some dumb penalties, and some costly turnovers cost the Cavaliers the game.  Not to mention the refs didn't help at all, with at least 5 missed penalties, and trouble spotting the ball where there should have been numerous first downs, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.  You lose some, you win some, but live to play another day.
 
Overall it was a good season, plenty to build on for the next one.  This picture is from the only score of the game for the Cavaliers.

Click to Enlarge

Day 33/365

No comments:

Post a Comment